Details about the Request for Proposals for the Upper Valley Community Health Equity Partnership available here.
The Upper Valley Community Health Equity Partnership (UVCHEP) invites proposals from local entities in the White River Junction District of the VT Department of Health who seek to reduce health disparities the UVCHEP Steering Committee has described in the Problem Statement:
Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) as well as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual and plus (LGBTQIA+) community members have higher levels of mental health challenges and substance use disorder, diagnosed and undiagnosed. These conditions are both caused by and contribute to isolation, other chronic health conditions, and not feeling safe.
We seek applications for projects that can be completed in the 7-month time frame of this grant period, ending May 31, 2023, and that address the Root Causes of the health disparities mentioned above. We will award grants ranging from $5,000 to $28,000 and have a total pool of $150,000.
Request for Proposals Packet: Includes explanation of grant purpose, eligibility, process and opportunities for Technical Assistance with the application.
Application Template: Word Document that can be used to complete and submit the application. This is one option for submission. See RFP Packet for other options.
Monday, October 3, 2022 Release of Request for Proposals
Monday, October 24, 2022 Completed applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm
Thursday, November 3, 2022 Applicants will be notified of funding decisions
More Equitable Grantmaking:
Our goal is to reduce the barriers that traditionally prevent groups and organizations most closely connected to the people who experience health disparities from getting funding and other resources to address health disparities in their own communities.
How is this application process more equitable and accessible?
- Eligibility requirements have been set to create as few barriers as possible for informal, small, and new entities to apply.
- We will accept applications in several different formats.
- The application is intended to be short and simple. We estimate it will take about 2 to 4 hours to complete once you have developed a clear idea of what you want to propose.
- We will provide several options to learn more about the application and get your questions answered. This will include live Webinars with recordings available online and “Office Hours” with our Equity Facilitator.
- If you need support completing the application, someone from the Steering Committee can help you.
- While the grant program is based on reimbursing grantees for actual expenses, and not providing grant funds at the beginning of the award, the Public Health Council (PHC) will provide up to 10% of the total award to grantees at the beginning of the award. PHC will also work with grantees on a case-by-case basis to address cash flow concerns for large grant expenses.
Who is eligible to apply?
Eligible Applicants are those who can demonstrate a clear and convincing plan to address concerns raised in the Problem Statement above, especially with projects that address one or more of the identified Root Causes.
- Grassroots Organizations (If you need a Fiscal Sponsor, we will help you find one.)
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Federally (and non-federally)recognized Native American Indian tribes and Alaska Native entities
- Governmental Entities
- Funding can support organization(s) not located in VT, as long as they serve people in the White River Junction District of Vermontand can demonstrate ability to address the Problem Statement.
How can we learn more?
RFP Webinar Series: Join us live on Zoom for a walk through of the RFP or view recordings of the webinars, which will be posted to the Public Health Council’s Health Equity RFP Information Page within 24 hours of the Webinar.
Tuesday, October 4, 2022 Health Equity Grant Purpose & Eligibility Requirements
6:30 to 7:30 pm Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86532599451
Thursday, October 6, 2022 Health Equity Grant: Completing the Application
6:30 to 7:30 pm Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82085927847
Tuesday, October 11, 2022 Health Equity Grant: Developing a Budget
6:30 to 7:30 pm Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86504574058
Community Project Funding Drop-In Office Hours: To provide as much flexibility as possible, we are offering a number of opportunities for applications to connect with Tony Strat via Zoom. Tony will respond to questions about the application and provide as much assistance as possible. No reservation is needed. Just use the link provided during the times listed below. You do not need to stay online for the entire period. Be aware that these are not private meeting times and there may be other people waiting with questions, too. You may have the benefit of hearing a number of questions and responses you have not thought of yourself.
LINK (ALL): https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85250309174
Friday, October 7, 8:00 to 10:00 am
Sunday, October 9, 2:00 to 4:00 pm
Friday, October 14, 8:00 to 10:00 am
Sunday, October 16, 2:00 to 4:00 pm
Tuesday, October 18, 6:00 to 7:00 pm
Questions: Contact Tony Strat-Cortez
Please note that we may find it necessary or beneficial to post corrections, clarifications, or responses to frequently asked questions. These updates will be posted on this webpage, so please check the page periodically to ensure you have the most up to date information.